Monday, October 5, 2015

The Beginning of the End

We have just completed our last month in the village and have arrived in Kathmandu for our final seminar. I am filled with mixed emotions of sadness of saying goodbye to Dahu and the excitement of going home soon.We are spending our first weekend back on a group retreat to Nagracot, a small village that supposedly has a view of the Himalayans. Unfortunately this is the wrong season to see them so all we have a view of are the clouds.  Our first morning there we woke up to do a sunrise hike. It was obvious from the beginning that we wouldn’t see the sunrise, the fog was so think you couldn’t tell what direction was what, but the hike was worth the early wake up call. The morning was brisk, the air was crisp, and the company was bitter sweet. When we reached the top we all had a good laugh at the lack of sunset and reminisced about the year. It is still is hard to believe the year is over. It feels like a dream that I’m barely grasping on to.As I go into this final week I am thinking of all the lessons I have learned and the changes I have made and hope that I will keep them with me in this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment